How COVID Changed Our Relationship with Living Spaces for Good
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 15 May 2021: It is safe to say that the pandemic times changed our relationship with our living…Read More
Dubai is gradually marking its territory in the tourism industry in long strides, not just steps. Its spectacular urban landscape with mammoth buildings and fine architecture has long dazzled the tourists and would continue to do so as more projects are being undertaken. There is so much to see and so much to do when one is in Dubai. Visiting ancient mosques, travelling along the coast of the Indian Ocean exploring the fishing villages, shopping in the glitzy malls and the Gold sauk, striding on the beach and so on. With all these adventures and trips in mind, one has to take care of arranging adequate transport. Otherwise the whole excitement of the trip dies down unceremoniously. Firstly, it’s important to know the rules and regulations regarding the traffic system in Dubai before venturing on to its streets. The vehicles are driven on the right side of the roads and tolls are paid with a Salik card. Talking on cell phones is strictly prohibited, only hand-free devices can be used. Seat belts are an absolute must. It is essential to avail an International Driving Permit (IDP) for driving purposes. Both the driving license from the home country and IDP must be carried on board while driving. One can also issue a temporary license for six months from the Dubai traffic police. Also, one can acquire a local driving license as well, but residency visa would be a requirement on that case.
Now let’s look at the steps to follow while renting a car.
1. One should reserve for a car at Al Rais Rent a Car. They provide rentals in weekly, monthly, even on daily basis. 14 different models are available with provisions for chauffeurs and 24-hour service.
2. Next, one should log into Speed Car Rental’s website. A deposit must be made and a service charge must be paid which is non-refundable. The site provides a variety of information regarding the vehicles –brand and model—and shows the rental cost in many currencies.
3. After deciding which car to rent, one has to rent it at Alorqy rentals for about 25 dollars per day. Each rental comes with its own Salik card, which is necessary since the card would be used to pay tolls. No matter where the car is rented from, it is important that one checks the condition of the car with a representative from the rental company and informs of any damage or dent before starting on the journey.
4. Next one has to give a booking for a tour or rent a car or bus with Bello. Only Mercedes Benz and Toyota Previas are available as rentals. Unfortunately, Bello doesn’t allow reservations through websites. One has to either call them at their phone number, or send them notification via email.
5. Euopcar can be another excellent choice while deciding to rent a car. One can make book cars in Dubai through its website. The company comes with excellent credentials as well. In 2008, it won the accolade of the Best Hire Company. Further more, they offer a wide variety when it comes to car models.
6. One can arrange for transport right at the time of the arrival in Dubai in Dubai International Airport. All one has to do is stroll into the arrivals area of Terminal 1. There one can find outlets of car-rental companies the likes of Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty, and National.
After one gets the desired vehicle under his/her belt, it is wise to read through vital Information regarding the city roads, driving regulations of a region, traffic rules, local speed-limits, one-way lanes and tolls. If all these measures are taken, the journey through Dubai would be a fabulous one.